Adelaide the perfect study destination!
Adelaide one of the top 10 world's most liveable cities, has so much to offer, a vibrant atmosphere and natural beauty on its doorstep for international students.
As South Australia’s capital city, economic, educational and cultural hub Adelaide is a popular choice for International Students.
With a population of 1.3 million and 38,000 international students in Adelaide from 130 countries it’s not overcrowded, students can live in the CBD and walk anywhere in the city centre.
It’s a city with diverse community backgrounds, beautiful environment and affordable living. An exciting and relaxed city that celebrates diversity, opportunity and education.
So Why choose Adelaide?
- so much to experience beyond the classroom, from local fresh food markets, international sporting events and world renowned arts festivals
- the city's layout means you spend less time commuting and more time enjoying life
- with a lower cost of living than other Australian capital cities in Australia, you have more money to enjoy it as well
- Adelaide offers high quality education across Schools, Vocational Training, Universities in the top 2% worldwide and English Language Centres
- known as an economic hub for industries including Health and Medical, Tourism, Energy and Minerals, Defence and Space, IT, Food and Agribusiness, Wine Industry and Creative Industries
- the Australian Space Agency is also based in Adelaide, located amongst a thriving start-up ecosystem attracting global investment and talent to the city
- Adelaide hosts global technology leaders Microsoft, NEC, BAE Systems and the big four accounting firms which opens up so many opportunities to gain work experience for students
- there’s many opportunities for international students to participate in internships and find part-time employment whilst studying in Adelaide
- plus students are often in high demand after graduation, as universities and other education institutions in Adelaide have cultivated a strong reputation for developing graduates of international distinction
- to further support international students to grow their career in Adelaide, students that graduate with a Higher Education qualification in Adelaide can receive an additional year of post-study work rights
The Adelaide CBD is beautifully ringed by parklands giving it a natural green feeling, it’s the world's only 'city in a park'. Spanning across 9.4 square kilometres, the parklands serve as Adelaide's playground.
The Adelaide Riverbank is central to the parklands in the heart of the city’s cultural, recreational and sporting activities. Offering sweeping views across the River Torrens, it encompasses many of South Australia’s most meaningful and significant public spaces and landmarks including the iconic Adelaide Oval, Elder Park, Festival Centre and Casino.
You'll love the sun and sand at Adelaide’s pristine beaches that stretch 70 kilometres along the city's beautiful coastline. You can catch a tram from the city to one of Adelaide's most popular beachside destinations Glenelg for a spectacular sunset.
If you take a short 20-minute drive east of the city, you’ll find yourself in the beautiful Adelaide Hills. You can feed the kangaroos and cuddle a koala at Cleland Wildlife Park, pick fresh strawberries from Beerenberg, and enjoy a stroll down the main street in Hanhdorf- Australia's oldest surviving German settlement.
Be sure to visit Mount Lofty Botanical Gardens for some breathtaking views, and Mount Lofty Summit for picturesque panoramic views over Adelaide’s skyline.
There’s so many places to visit, Flinders Ranges, Kangaroo Island and Yorke Peninsula to name a few. Here you can feast on oysters, fish for whiting and walk along pristine sandy beaches or go hiking and camping in the wilderness. The Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale, Coonawarra and Clare Valley offer the opportunity to drink the world’s finest wine in stunning scenic locations.
Adelaide is the perfect place for international students to study, travel and start their careers. You can improve your English and have a wonderful time doing it!